Pure Healthcare Group are looking for a Biomedical Scientist specialising in Histology to work in our Client's Laboratory in Essex.
Job Reference – PHG0183
Hours: Core Hours
Position: Histology Biomedical Scientist
Start Date: ASAP
· To be able to rotate through all areas and to undertake routine laboratory techniques in the processing of Non-Gynae and Histological samples on a rotational basis.
· To be able to screen and report negative urines and sputum, and perform crystal analysis on synovial fluids.
· To be able to pre-screen all other diagnostic samples including FNAs.
· To undertake routine and specialised laboratory techniques in the processing of diagnostic and Histology and related samples providing patients with the highest level of diagnosis and treatment within agreed quality standards of service delivery and turnaround times under the supervision of senior grade BMS grade staff
· To continue with personal development through academic or practical experience.
· To provide professional leadership to Trainee BMS, Associate Practitioners and Medical Laboratory Assistants in Cellular Pathology
Knowledge and Competency
· Working knowledge of Cytopathology techniques and practices
· Working knowledge of Histopathology techniques and practices
· LBC competence
· Competent in preparing, screening and reporting negative urines and sputum.
· Competent in preparing and screening other types of non-gynae samples including FNAs.
· Advanced working knowledge of Histopathology techniques and practices
· Knowledge of computer applications and LIMS including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Statistical Packages
· Competence in basic tissue dissection
· A good understanding of basic theoretical and practical Biomedical Sciences
If you are not available for this position, then why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
To be considered for the role you must have the following:
· Valid Right to Work Documentation
· BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science degree or equivalent
· IBMS Registration Portfolio or equivalent.
· HCPC Registration
· IBMS Specialist Portfolio in Cytopathology
Additional benefits include:
· Designated specialist consultant
· Service available around the clock
· Lucrative career opportunities across the UK
· Pay rates above market
· Automated compliance and easy registration process
· CV advice
· Career advice
· Accommodation assistance
· Smooth and reliable payroll options