Pure Healthcare Group are looking for a LABORATORY TECHNICIAN to join a brand new laboratory in Cambridge. This laboratory will run 24 hours a day receiving, processing, analysing and reporting the results from samples to showwhether a patient is infected with SARS-CoV-2.
My Client will provide full detailed training in this role and you will gain demonstrable, valuable core laboratory skills and techniques, learn about the science behind RT-PCR. These will serve as a foundation to your career as a functional scientist.
The Cambridge lab acts as the “mother-lab” to all other laboratories in the division and it will not only process patient samples, but will be the seat for process improvement, development of best practice, and driving efficiency to be rolled out across the business. In addition, Cambridge will act as a central laboratory from which all managers from other labs are trained. As a Laboratory Technician in Cambridge you will support these important objectives with wide reaching effects.
This client is growing very rapidly and has set itself ambitious and challenging targets to grow and to serve the Country. Being part of this team you will work hard, you will learn, grow and develop. Importantly, you will directly contribute in the UK fight against COVID-19.
Job Reference - PHG0198
Position: Laboratory Technician
Start Date: ASAP
If you are not available for this position, then why not recommend a friend or colleague and earn a £250 referral bonus on successful placement (terms and qualifying period apply).
To be considered for the role you must have the following:
· Excellent science A-levels
· BSc graduate (or final year student) in Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Genetics
· Sound knowledge of molecular biology
· Demonstrable experience working in a biology, biochemistry or chemistry laboratory
· An understanding and practical hands-on experience in core laboratory techniques including pipetting samples, sample handling, liquid handling, reagent preparation
· Working in a laboratory requiring the use of PPE to protect yourself and the integrity of the laboratory
· Performing biological assays in a scientific research or diagnostic laboratory
· Working in a laboratory flexibly across multiple projects/assays
Additional benefits include:
· Designated specialist consultant
· Service available around the clock
· Pay rates above market
· Lucrative career opportunities across the UK
· Automated compliance and easy registration process
· CV advice
· Career advice
· Accommodation assistance
· Smooth and reliable payroll options